[Ruby-D-Bus-dev] Signal handler is not executed completely

Timo Warns warns at pre-sense.de
Sun Mar 27 17:56:53 CEST 2011

Hi Ruby-DBus team,

I have an issue with the attached program. The program installs a signal
handler for "DeviceAdded" signals from UDisks (e.g., to detect connected
USB sticks). When another signal arrives while the signal handler is
already running, the signal handler is not executed completely. Where is
my mistake?

For a demonstration, run the attached program and connect a USB stick
that has a partition. I'm getting the following output:

> START /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdf
> START /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdf1
> Is Partition: true
> END /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdf1

I'm expecting to get something like:

> START /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdf
> Is Partition: false
> END /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdf
> START /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdf1
> Is Partition: true
> END /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdf1

Best regards, Timo